Portrayed By: Paul Bettany
Designer/Creator: Tony Stark
System Status: Online, Functional
Gender (Voice): Male
System Type: Hologram
Type/Class: A.I. (Artifical Intelligence)
Ally Status: Ally
System Class: Advanced
System Color: Blue
O.S: J.A.R.V.I.S. Version 04
- "All wrapped up here sir! Will there be anything else?"
- ―(Iron Man 3) J.A.R.V.I.S. replying to Tony Stark after the Battle in the Oil Rig.
J.A.R.V.I.S. (Stands for Just A Rather Very Intelligent System), also stylized as JARVIS, or Jarvis, is a highly advanced computerized A.I. developed by Tony Stark, and was voiced by actor Paul Bettany, to manage almost everything, especially matters related to technology, in Tony's life.
He was based on Edwin Jarvis, who was the Stark family's butler. He acts like Tony's best friend when it comes to his personal life and other secret matters, that are enclosed only with Tony and him.
J.A.R.V.I.S. appears as a core membrane, where all his data and his operating systems works. He uses all the technology around him, provided that he is connected with it. He often appears on holograms, computers and also in Tony's Iron Man suits.
His interface color is blue, which matches the holograms he projects. He has waves of DNA like blue holograms interface surrounding his core membrane, and when he speaks, a light blue pop wave appears around his core membrane, and follows the words that he says.
J.A.R.V.I.S. is a very intelligent A.I. who can respond according to the users thoughts. He is kind, and is also understanding to anything, such as problems in Tony's life that he tries to deal and help him with. Jarvis is Tony's personal and closest friend as well as his assistant in helping him in his work or when he does his super-hero job.
Although J.A.R.V.I.S. is not human, as an A.I., he has access to an unlimited amount of resources, devices and programs that he can control and use at his own will to aid Tony in whatever he needs.
J.A.R.V.I.S. is connected to global information networks and mainly uses holograms as his main interface to communicate with Tony and give him access anything he needs or wants.
J.A.R.V.I.S. controls everything in Tony's house, from the computers to the security locks in his house.
This is very highclass technology J.A.R.V.I.S. was created by Tony Stark to assist him on his tasks, and to keep him company in his high-tech mansion.
In Iron Man 2, J.A.R.V.I.S. has access to security-related devices, such as a passcode to prevent intruders from entering the basement, when James Rhodes is attempting to access his Hall of Armors and don the Mark II to stop Tony Stark, but Pepper takes the suit with her new powers and uses its parts to kill Killian. Afterwards, he destroys all the armors, by the order of the "Clean Slate Protocol", resulting in fireworks, as a sign of devotion by Tony to Pepper Potts.
Avengers: Age of UltronEdit
HYDRA Base RaidEdit
JARVIS helped the Avengers in raiding the Hydra base in Sokovia.
Working on UltronEdit
After the raid the on the Hydra base, JARVIS was in the Avengers Tower when the rest of the Avengers returned from their mission. Tony Stark conversed with JARVIS in their workplace and greeted Dr. Banner. Tony Stark asked JARVIS to analyze the scepter and the mystery of the blue gem attached to it, to which JARVIS responded back saying that it contained a translatable code, and that the gem was housing something powerful within, as well as implying that it was comparable to a program.
After his initial analysis, JARVIS insisted that he continued working on the gem until he finished translating the "A.I." into code for Tony Stark to see. The data was later shown to Tony Stark, and amazed by the results, showed it to Bruce Banner, Tony Stark making the latter agree to keep their findings a secret from the Avengers and continue working on the A.I., as well as use it to finishing creating their peacekeeping program, Ultron.
- "Will do, sir."
- ―(Iron Man) J.A.R.V.I.S. to Tony when testing the Mark II.
- "Congratulations! You have created a new element."
- ―(Iron Man 2) JARVIS to Tony after creating a new core for his Arc Reactor.
- "You are not authorized to access this area."
- ―(Iron Man) J.A.R.V.I.S. to Christine Everhart, denying her access to a room in Tony's house.
- "Oh hello, sir!"
- ―(Iron Man 3) J.A.R.V.I.S. to Tony, after once again wearing the Mark 42 armor.
- "Mark 42 inbound!"
- ―(Iron Man 3) J.A.R.V.I.S. telling Tony about the Mark 42.
In the game, Iron Man (Video Game), J.A.R.V.I.S. was revealed to have an archived version called the Dataspine.
In Marvel's The Avengers: Iron Man - Mark VII, J.A.R.V.I.S. appears as character in the digital comic application that the user can interact with. He helps Tony Stark build his first few suits, and the dialogue of J.A.R.V.I.S. can either be placed on narration mode or activated by simply tapping on the desired word in his dialogue that the user would want to listen to.
J.A.R.V.I.S. appears as a non-playable character that helps the player progress through the game.
J.A.R.V.I.S. appears as an assistant to the user in the application for Apple mobile devices. The application has many features that enable the user to interact with J.A.R.V.I.S. and do the many things he does to help the user just like he does with Tony in the Iron Man films.
- J.A.R.V.I.S. was portrayed and voiced by actor Paul Bettany throughout the course of the franchise, including The Avengers.
- J.A.R.V.I.S. was based on the character with the same name in the comics, which was Edwin Jarvis.
- Although in the comics, Jarvis was human and served as the butler to Tony Stark,and as well as one of his personal and closest friends, in the movie, he was instead substituted as an advanced A.I. system, serving as his personal assistant and best friend as well, much in relation to the comics.
- J.A.R.V.I.S. is one of the two known A.I. characters to have a main role so far in the whole film franchise, the other being Ultron, who appeared in The Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- J.A.R.V.I.S.'s personality and intellect improves over the course of the film franchise. From being a bit serious in tone in the first film, to having much more emotion and understanding when communicating with Tony or anyone else for that matter, in Iron Man 3.
- There are no References to display.
- J.A.R.V.I.S. on the Wikipedia.
- J.A.R.V.I.S. on the Marvel Comics Database.
- J.A.R.V.I.S. on the Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki.
- J.A.R.V.I.S. on the Marvel Movies Wiki.
| Marvel Cinematic Universe Characters|
|The Avengers|| Iron Man • War Machine • Captain America • Hulk • Thor • Black Widow • Hawkeye • Maria Hill • Nick Fury •|
Quicksilver • Scarlet Witch • Vision
|Iron Man Characters|| Pepper Potts • J.A.R.V.I.S. • Happy Hogan • Howard Stark • Erik Selvig • Phil Coulson • Maya Hansen •|
Ho Yinsen • Harley Keener • Christine Everhart • Dr. Wu • President Ellis • Vice President Rodriguez •
Senator Stern • General Gabriel • Major Allen • Jack Taggart • Chad Davis • Maria Stark
|Villains|| Iron Monger • Raza • Abu Bakaar • Whiplash • Justin Hammer • The Mandarin • Aldrich Killian • Eric Savin •|
Ellen Brandt • Loki • Chitauri Warriors • Chitauri Leviathan • The Other • Baron Wolfgang Von Strucker • Ultron •
Ultron Sentries • Thanos