1st Appearance: Iron Man 3
Designer/Creator: Tony Stark
Users: Tony Stark
Mark Number: Mark 17
Code Name: Heartbreaker
Armor Class: Special Iron Man Suit
Armor Type: Artillery Level RT Suit
Armor Color: Red With Golden & Silver Plates
Height: User's Height
Power Core: Vibranium Arc Reactor Mark II
Main Systems: Status System, Flight System, J.A.R.V.I.S. Navigation System, Anti-icing System, Flight Stabilization System
Defense Systems: Enhanced Composite Armor with Ceramic Plating and Silicon-Infused Steel, Fiberglass Frame, Titanium Plating
Special Systems: --
Other Systems: --
Preceded by: Mark 16
Followed by: Mark 18
- Tony Stark: "You're right, we do need back up."
- Rhodey: "Yeah, a bunch."
- ―Tony and Rhodey talking about the "House Party Protocol" suits while waiting for them to show up.
It was featured in the movie Iron Man 3, and made its debut in the movie, when Tony ordered J.A.R.V.I.S. to initiate the "House Party Protocol", in which it was activated along with all the other suits to aid Tony in his battle against Aldrich Killian.
The suit earned it's name the "Heartbreaker", because it has an oversized chest RT, which can fire powerful blasts. The "Heartbreaker" can fire narrow or wide beams and can also generate a repulsor shield for protection.
The Mark 17 has a red and gold color scheme, like most of it's predecessors, and the usual Iron Man suit. It has a bulkier but fit appearance, because of it's thicker multiple-layered titanium platings, and has an oversized chest repulsor RT built within the suit's armored chest area, which is it's most unique and notable feature, and is also where it's special abilities lie.
The suit has four titanium bar-like structures in the chest area, that are interlocked with the suit, which extend all the way to the shoulder plates and down to the back, then back to the chest area, through the sides of the upper abdomen area, which creates an x-like appearance that firmly holds the oversized chest repulsor together, as well as providing more space for the Unibeam's size.
The suit's helmet and mask were based on the first designs of the one in the Mark 11. The mask's appearance differs from all the other suits, as it has a more rough edged look and is not as smooth and sleek like a usual Iron Man suit does. It has four silver rectangular shaped platings on the whole mask, that extend all the way to the back, with two on each side of the mask's upper area, which are the railings that grant the mask the ability to slide up and down when activated to do so by Tony at free will.
All of the Mark 17's notable features were later used among the many newly built suits created by Tony, and these features are only common with the Marks 11, 17, 18, 24, and 28. With the Mark 11 having the first design on the mask, and the Mark 17 having the rest of the features present that were used in all the other Mark suits.
The suit, like it's predecessors, retains the signature Repulsors, that were used in the previous Mark suits, as well as it's Vibranium Powered Arc Reactor that powers the entire suit, while it's Chest Repulsor was specially modified for the suit's functionalities.
The Mark 17 has standard based Repulsor technology.
The Mark 17 has an oversized Unibeam, and is powered by the new and improved Vibranium Arc Reactor Mark II.
Before Iron Man 3Edit
The Mark 17 was in the extension of the Hall of Armors in the basement of Tony's house along with all the other 33 Iron Man suits. It was activated together with the others by JARVIS under the order of the "House Party Protocol".
It then proceeded to lead the way and fly to the Roxxon Oil Rig with the Iron Legion. It was the first suit to arrive on the scene while forming a circular line with all the suits to surround the rig.
- Score Multiplier: x3.7
- Special Power: Frost Charge
- Game Description:
- The Mark 17 armor appeared in the Club Penguins Game: The Avengers, on one of the penguins that portrayed and represented Iron Man.
- This suit along with Mark 1,6,7,42, (Heroic Age) Iron Man, Hulkbuster, Rescue, War Machine, and Iron Patriot are playable minifigures in Lego Marvel Superheroes. (Console Game)
- The Mark 17 was the first suit to arrive at the scene, in the docks, during Tony's confrontation with Aldrich Killian, in the movie Iron Man 3.
- Due to the Mark 17's popularity and it being the first to arrive at the scene in the docks, as well as positioned in the middle of all the other suits, it has been considered that it is the leader of the Iron Legion.
- The Mark 17 was one of the many suits that could be seen in the Iron Man 3 movie theatrical poster, along with the Marks 16, 24, 33, 39 and 41, with the Mark 42 being worn by Tony.
- The Mark 17 was one of the six un-lockable armors available, as part of the "Iron Man 3 Unlock The Armors" promotional event for the film. It was released together with the Mark 33, Mark 35, Mark 38, Mark 39 and Mark 40 armors.
- This armor is the first to feature an oversized Unibeam and chest piece.
External Links & ReferencesEdit
The Mark 17's information, at Comic Book.com.
| Cinematic Armors|
|Iron Man||Mark I • Mark II • Mark III|
|Iron Man 2||Mark IV • Mark V • Mark VI|
|The Avengers||Mark VII|
|Iron Man 3||Mark VIII • Mark IX • Mark X • Mark XI • Mark XII • Mark XIII• Mark XIV • Mark 15 • Mark 16 • Mark 17 • Mark 18 • Mark 19 • Mark 20 • Mark 21 • Mark 22 • Mark 23 • Mark 24 • Mark 25 • Mark 26 • Mark 27 • Mark 28 • Mark 29 • Mark 30 • Mark 31 • Mark 32 • Mark 33 • Mark 34 • Mark 35 • Mark 36 • Mark 37 • Mark 38 • Mark 39 • Mark 40 • Mark 41 • Mark 42|