- Tony Stark: "You're right, we need back up."
- Rhodey: "Yeah, a bunch."
- ―Tony and Rhodey talking about the "House Party Protocol" suits, while waiting for them to show up.
The Mark 28 (Mark XXVIII), also known by its name as "Jack", is a Radiation-Zone Suit, and was one of several new Iron Man Armors created by Tony Stark as part of the Iron Legion. The armor was created sometime after the Battle of New York.
It was featured in Iron Man 3, and made it's debut when Tony ordered J.A.R.V.I.S. to initiate the "House Party Protocol", in which it was activated along with all the other suits to aid Tony in his battle against Aldrich Killian.
The Mark 28's design is based almost completely on the Mark XI's, with only its unique color scheme, its knees, and the capabilities of the armor being different. The Mark 28 seems to resemble the color scheme of a Radiation Hazard Symbol, and uses the orange color type instead of the yellow. The color design most likely indicates that it can withstand extreme amounts of radiation, as well as serve as a warning for radiation.
It's faceplate has a symbol on it resembling a hazmat symbol. The suit is notable to be heavier than other suits as it is fully sealed to protect from radiation and has a NBC (Nuclear-Biological Chemical) protection system to further assist the user in hazardous enviroments. Another reason the suit is heavier than other suits is becasuse it uses more gold than previous models to help protect it from extreme radiation.
The Mark 28 has a very unique ability to repel radiation from the armor's surface and protect the user inside it. Shared with the Mark 26, Mark 39, Mark 42 and this armor, the Mark 28 can withstand extreme amounts of radiation and not get damaged, or affect the person inside using it.
The Mark 28 has Thrusters equipped to it's back. The suit's footwork and leg supports are fitted with extra plates giving it tactical advantage and strength through flight.
Donning System Edit
The Mark 28, along with all the other newly built Mark suits, uses a more advanced technology that was based off on the Mark VII's technology, which is able to wrap itself around Tony's body, without the aid of robotic arms or any external mechanicals.
It can flexibly open itself to allow Tony to enter into the suit and automatically wrap itself around him, anywhere at anytime, much like the Mark 42's technology and the other newly built Mark suits'.
The Mark 28 has standard based Repulsors.
The Mark 28 has a standard, but small circular-shaped Unibeam.
Mini Missiles Edit
Numerous miniature air-to-air missiles are housed in the shoulder pods, which are a part of the detachable backpack. The shoulder pods house miniature missiles and can fire up to 92 missiles at once.
Before Iron Man 3Edit
Creation and the Iron LegionEdit
Sometime after the Battle of New York, Tony, who was haunted by what happened in New York, got obsessed in making more Iron Man suits. One of them was the Mark 28.
The Mark 28 was activated by J.A.R.V.I.S. along with all the other armors in the basement of Tony's Malibu Mansion, under the order of the "House Party Protocol" issued by Tony. It then flew out of the Hall of Armors and went towards the Roxxon Oil Rig together with the other 35 armors.
When the Iron Legion arrived, the Mark 28 followed after the first line of armors appeared on the scene, and surrounded the area together with the other armors. Awaiting Tony's orders, it could be briefly seen hovering in the background with the other armors, as the Extremis Soldiers stand surprised with the arrival of the Iron Legion.
When Tony orders J.A.R.V.I.S. to "Target all Extremis heat signatures. Disable with extreme prejudice.", J.A.R.V.I.S. replies with "Yes sir!", which echoes throughout all the suits, including the Mark 28.
The armor then targets and attacks the Extremis Soldiers, and fights them off with the help of the other armors during the ongoing battle. Before Tony asked Jarvis to get Igor to steady the oil rig, the Mark 28 could be briefly seen blasting an Extremis soldier.
The armor makes another split second appearance when Rhodey is attempting to save the president. The armor was presumed to have fought and killed several extremis soldiers during the fight, as it was one of the last 21 armors left standing and succeeded in eliminating the remaining extremis forces with the help of the other Iron Legion armors. The Mark 28 then resumes to flying around the oil rig in the aftermath of the battle.
"Clean Slate Protocol" Edit
The Mark 28 was then detonated by J.A.R.V.I.S. for fireworks along with the other 20 armors, under the Tony's order of the "Clean Slate Protocol". This was to show Tony's devotion to his girlfriend, Pepper Potts. It was the 9th suit to detonate.
Mark 28 - Jack is a Limited Edition armor that was released on December 19, 2013. It is categorized under the Special Offer section, and has the Proton Field Special Power. When it was still available, the Mark 28 was the 3rd strongest armor with the Proton Field Special Power and was the 8th strongest armor in the game.
- This armor was based on the armor with a similar name in the comics, named the Anti-Radiation Armor. Both have almost the same abilities, one is to withstand radiation.
- The Mark 28 is the twenty-eighth suit built by Tony Stark, and is the twenty-first suit as part of the Iron Legion.
- Although based on a comic armor counterpart, it is unknown if this armor has the ability to irrigate radiation and turn it into useful energy, like the Anti-Radiation Armor from the comics can do.
- The Mark 28 is the first armor to feature an orange and black color scheme in it's armor design.
- The Mark 28 is the second of three armors to feature orange colored platings in it's armor design. The first being the Mark 27, and the third being the Mark 36.
- According to the Mark 28's description in Iron Man 3-The Official Game, this armor is equipped with improved laser weaponry. But it's unknown if this armor is actually equipped with lasers or not.
- The Mark 28 one of the handful armors able to withstand radiation. The other armors are the Mark 26, Mark 39, Mark 42 and its successors.
- There is more gold present in this armor than previous models, which also makes this armor heavier. This is because gold is a radiation resistant metal, just like lead.
- There are no References to display.
| Cinematic Armors|
|Iron Man Armors|| MARK'S 1 - 7:|
Mark I • Mark II • Mark III • Mark IV • Mark V • Mark VI • Mark VII
| IRON LEGION:|
Mark VIII • Mark IX • Mark X • Mark XI • Mark XII • Mark XIII • Mark XIV • Mark 15 • Mark 16 • Mark 17 •
Mark 18 • Mark 19 • Mark 20 • Mark 21 • Mark 22 • Mark 23 • Mark 24 • Mark 25 • Mark 26 • Mark 27 • Mark 28 •
Mark 29 • Mark 30 • Mark 31 • Mark 32 • Mark 33 • Mark 34 • Mark 35 • Mark 36 • Mark 37 • Mark 38 • Mark 39 •
Mark 40 • Mark 41 • Mark 42
| MARK'S 43 - 47:|
Mark 43 • Mark 44 • Mark 45 • Mark 46 • Mark 47
|War Machine Armors||War Machine Armor Mark I • War Machine Armor Mark II • Iron Patriot Armor|
|Other Armors||Iron Monger Armor • Whiplash Armor Mark I • Whiplash Armor Mark II • Iron Legion Armor Drones|