1st Appearance: Iron Man 3
Designer / Creator: Tony Stark
Users: Tony Stark
Mark Number: Mark 34
Code Name: Southpaw
Armor Class: Special Iron Man Suit
Armor Type: Disaster Rescue Suit Prototype
Armor Color: Black With Silver Plates
Height: User's Height
Power Core: Vibranium Arc Reactor Mark II
Enhanced Composite Armor With Ceramic Plating & Silicon-Infused Steel
Special Systems: --
Other Features: --
Preceded by: Mark 33
Followed by: Mark 35
- Tony Stark: "You're right, we do need backup."
- Rhodey: "Yeah, a bunch."
- ―Tony and Rhodey talking about the "House Party Protocol" suits, while waiting for them to show up.
It was featured in the movie Iron Man 3, and made its debut in the movie when Tony ordered J.A.R.V.I.S. to initiate the "House Party Protocol", in which it was activated along with all the other suits to aid Tony in his battle against Aldrich Killian.
The suit earned it's name "Southpaw", because of its left-handed claw, which is derived from the term "Southpaw", meaning left handed, literally, as well as it's similar appearance to a pirate, because of it's left-handed claw that somewhat resembles the hook of a pirate.
It was built as a prototype of the Mark 35, and was the first Disaster Rescue Suit built by Tony, to handle disaster involved situations. It was later succeeded by the Mark 35, which was a complete version of the suit, having a single claw on each of the suit's arms, instead of one.
The Mark 34's overall design includes black and silver plates in the armor. It has a large claw like arm in the left, while the other one is a normal arm equipped with a standard Repulsor. It has large and unique shoulder pads, and a slightly streamline-like armor body.
This section is under development. Information will be placed here soon.
Retractable Left ClawEdit
The Mark 34 is equipped with the standard based Repulsors used by the previous Iron Man armors. The repulsion system is Repulsion Mark I, and it is used for combat, flight stabilization and destroying heavy objects or debri.
The Mark 34 has a standard circular-shaped Unibeam.
Before Iron Man 3Edit
The Mark 34 was activated by JARVIS along with all the other armors in the basement of Tony's Malibu Mansion, under the order of the House Party Protocol issued by Tony. It then flew out of the Hall of Armors and went towards the Roxxon Oil Rig together with the other 35 armors.
- Armor Description:
- The term "southpaw" comes from the sport of baseball. In the United States, most baseball parks were built so that the batters faced east, keeping the afternoon sun out of their eyes. A left handed pitcher (who would be facing the batter) would be throwing the ball with the hand closest to the south. The term southpaw has also been used in boxing to designate a fighter who fights with their left as their rear hand. Thus the Mark 34, with its specialized left arm, receives the nickname "Southpaw."
- The Mark 34 is the first and only armor to feature a single claw-like arm on the left side.
- The Mark 34 is the second armor to feature an irregular left arm. The first being the Mark 29.
Iron Man 3Edit
External Links & ReferencesEdit
| Cinematic Armors|
|Iron Man||Mark I • Mark II • Mark III|
|Iron Man 2||Mark IV • Mark V • Mark VI|
|The Avengers||Mark VII|
|Iron Man 3||Mark VIII • Mark IX • Mark X • Mark XI • Mark XII • Mark XIII• Mark XIV • Mark 15 • Mark 16 • Mark 17 • Mark 18 • Mark 19 • Mark 20 • Mark 21 • Mark 22 • Mark 23 • Mark 24 • Mark 25 • Mark 26 • Mark 27 • Mark 28 • Mark 29 • Mark 30 • Mark 31 • Mark 32 • Mark 33 • Mark 34 • Mark 35 • Mark 36 • Mark 37 • Mark 38 • Mark 39 • Mark 40 • Mark 41 • Mark 42|