Based On: None (Unique Design)
Designer / Creator:
Mark Number: Make 35 (XXXV)
Code Name: Red Snapper
Armor Class: Special Iron Man Suit
Disaster Rescue Suit
Red With Golden & Silver Plates
Armor Height: 6-7 ft
Vibranium Arc Reactor Mark II
Heavy Gauge Gold Titanium Alloy
Pressurized Support System
Retractable Pneumatic Pinchers
Predecessor: Mark 34
Successor: None (Final Version)
Preceded By: Mark 34
Followed By: Mark 36
- Tony Stark: "You're right, we do need back up."
- Rhodey: "Yeah, a bunch."
- ―Tony and Rhodey talking about the "House Party Protocol" suits, while waiting for them to show up.
The Mark 35 (Mark XXXV), also known by its codename as "Red Snapper", is a Disaster Rescue Suit, and was one of several new Iron Man Armors created by Tony Stark as part of the Iron Legion. The armor was created sometime after the Battle of New York.
It was featured in Iron Man 3, and made its debut when Tony ordered J.A.R.V.I.S. to initiate the "House Party Protocol", in which it was activated along with the rest of the Iron Legion to aid Tony in his battle against Aldrich Killian.
The Mark 35 has a bright red colored armor, together with some dark steel silver platings on some areas. Its color is based off on that of a Lobster, together with with its long retractable pincer-like claws.
Its face plate is colored gold, and its helmet features a new design that points out edges in the face of the mask.
- Retractable Claws: The Mark 35 has dual red Retractable Pneumatic Pinchers. These pinchers are removable and support Repulsors at their base.
- J.A.R.V.I.S. OS: JARVIS' Operating System is integrated into the armor, like all of Stark's Iron Man Armors.
- Donning System: The Mark 35, along with all the other newly built Mark suits, uses a more advanced technology that was based off on the Mark VII's technology, which is able to wrap itself around Tony's body, without the aid of robotic arms or any external mechanicals.
It can flexibly open itself to allow Tony to enter into the suit and automatically wrap itself around him, anywhere at anytime, much like the Mark 42's technology and the other newly built Mark suits'.
The armor is composed of Heavy Gauge Titanium-Gold Alloy. Thicker and heavier than the regular Iron Man Armor, the Mark 35's build was most likely designed to withstand disastrous matters. Like every Iron Man Armor, it is bullet-proof.
- Super-Strength: The Mark 35 is capable of tremendous strength. As a Disaster Rescue Suit, most of it's strength is directed towards it Pneumatic Pinchers.
- Flight: Like all the armors in the Iron Legion, the Mark 35 is a capable of flight through it's Propulsors and Flight Stabilizers.
This armor was not made for combat, but rather for rescue missions, but it had an arsenal of conventional weaponry available on most of Stark's armors. Its repulsor rays could be focused into slow moving balls of energy, by the armors claws, that exploded on contact, and it had an average RT beam.
- Repulsors: The Mark 35 has small Repulsors at the end of its Pneumatic Pinchers, which can be used when the claws are retracted back to its original length.
- Unibeam (Chest Repulsor): The Mark 35 has a vertical rectangular-shaped Unibeam that protrudes out of its chest piece.
Before Iron Man 3Edit
The Iron Legion and CreationEdit
Sometime after the Battle of New York, Tony, who was haunted by what happened in New York, got obsessed in making more Iron Man suits. One of them was the Mark 35. He built this suit to succeed the older Mark 34. This time he built two pneumatic pinchers instead of one.
Completion and Storage Edit
With Red snappers completion, Stark proceeded to work his next armor, which resulted in the creation of Mark 36 / Peacemaker.
When Tony's Malibu Mansion was raided, and later destroyed, the Mark 35 along with the rest of the Iron Legion were still stored safely within the Hall of Armors Chamber, as it was left undamaged during the attack. The chamber was still intact, completely sealed, and concealed from view.
This was part of Stark's plan, in which the Iron Legion was to be used later after he uncovered the truth behind the Mandarin and A.I.M.
Activation of the "House Party Protocol"Edit
The Mark 35 was activated along with all the other armors in Tony's basement by J.A.R.V.I.S. from Tony's order of the "House Party Protocol". It then proceeded to fly to the Roxxon Oil Rig after.
When the Iron Legion arrived, the Mark 35 was one of first few armors to appear on the scene, along with the Mark 17, Mark 39, Mark 33, Mark 15, Mark 27, and the Mark 40. It surrounded the area together with the other armors, and waited for Tony's order as the Extremis Soldiers stand surprised with the Iron Legion's arrival.
It then targeted and attacked the Extremis Soldiers in the rig after Tony gave J.A.R.V.I.S. the order to "Target all Extremis heat signatures. Disable with extreme prejudice."
During the midst of the battle. armor was seen engaging three soldiers after they all jumped on it. As it tried to shake them off, the Mark 17 came to help it when Tony asked it to, but to no avail.
Overwhelmed and DestructionEdit
The armor was then overwhelmed and its faceplate was ripped off, leaving only the helmet, and the inner parts of it revealed. With it flying blind, one of the Extremis Soldiers jumped off it, as it crashed to a crate in the rig, killing the other two soldiers and completely destroying the armor.
Its crash caused a large explosion, which wrecked the area where Pepper and Aldrich were in.
|Mark 35 / Red Snapper|
Pre-released with the game.
Mark 35 - Red Snapper
Score Multiplier: x4.5
Special Weapon: Unibeam Blast
Armor Class: Unibeam Blast
Build Time: --
Required XP: 175,000 XP
A reinforced suit specially designed to operate with maximum efficiency in disaster areas or war zones where innocent victims might be trapped under rubble.
The Mark 35 is an unlockable and playable armor in the game. It was one of the few armors initially available for use during the game's release.
The Mark 35 - Red Snapper in-game
- The Mark 35 is the thirty-fifth armor built by Tony Stark, and is the twenty-eighth armor as part of the Iron Legion.
- The Mark 35 was named after the "Red Snapper", a form of crustacian Lobster. This could refer to the long arms of the Mark 35, like a lobster's pincers, or its distinctive red hue, a characteristic common with most of the Iron Man suits.
- The Mark 35 is the 3rd largest Iron Man suit, the first being the Mark 44, which is the "Hulkbuster".
- The Mark 35 is the second armor to feature claws in its arms (after Mark 34, nicknamed "Southpaw", which features one claw in the the left arm)' as well as display visible Pressure Support Systems in the outer parts of the armor that guide the claws in retracting and contracting when carrying objects or debris.
- The Mark 35 was one of the six un-lockable armors available, as part of the "Iron Man 3 Unlock The Armors" promotional event for the film. It was released together with the Mark 17, Mark 33, Mark 38, Mark 39 and Mark 40 armors.
| Cinematic Armors|
|Iron Man Armors|| MARK'S 1 - 7:|
Mark I • Mark II • Mark III • Mark IV • Mark V • Mark VI • Mark VII
| IRON LEGION:|
Mark VIII • Mark IX • Mark X • Mark XI • Mark XII • Mark XIII • Mark XIV • Mark 15 • Mark 16 • Mark 17 •
Mark 18 • Mark 19 • Mark 20 • Mark 21 • Mark 22 • Mark 23 • Mark 24 • Mark 25 • Mark 26 • Mark 27 • Mark 28 •
Mark 29 • Mark 30 • Mark 31 • Mark 32 • Mark 33 • Mark 34 • Mark 35 • Mark 36 • Mark 37 • Mark 38 • Mark 39 •
Mark 40 • Mark 41 • Mark 42
| MARK'S 43 - 45:|
Mark 43 • Mark 44 • Mark 45
|War Machine Armors||War Machine Armor Mark I • War Machine Armor Mark II • Iron Patriot Armor|
|Other Armors||Iron Monger Armor • Whiplash Armor Mark I • Whiplash Armor Mark II • Iron Legion Armor Drones|