First Appearance: Iron Man 3
Designer / Creator: Tony Stark
Users: Tony Stark
Mark Number: Mark 38
Code Name: Igor
Armor Class: Special Iron Man Suit
Armor Type: Heavy Lifting Suit
Armor Color: Dark Blue With Silver Plates
Height: User's Height
Power Core: Vibranium Arc Reactor Mark II
Enhanced Composite Armor With Ceramic Plating
Special Systems: Spine Lifter
Other Features: Pressure Support System
Preceded by: Mark 37
Followed by: Mark 39
- "Jarvis, get Igor to steady this thing!"
- ―Tony ordering Jarvis to make Igor hold the dock crane in place, to keep it from collapsing.
The Mark 38 (XXXVIII), or otherwise known by it's name as the "Igor", is a Heavy Lifting Suit, and was one of the many newly built suits created by Tony Stark, sometime after the events of The Avengers.
It was featured in the movie Iron Man 3, and made it's debut in the movie when Tony ordered J.A.R.V.I.S. to initiate the "House Party Protocol", in which it was activated along with all the other suits to aid Tony in his battle against Aldrich Killian.
The suit earned it's name the Igor, beacuse it has a similar resemblance to a "Hunchback", having a slouched and bulky appearance, just like that of an "Igor". It specializes in lifting heavy objects such as debris, and is capable of tremendous strength and power.
Having an Enhanced Multiple-layered Titanium Plating, it's armor is the thickest of all armored Mark suits, making it the biggest suit of all, as well as the strongest in physical strength and durability.
The Mark 38's design is unique compared to any other armor built by Tony Stark. Its resemblance is similar to the shape and size of an Igor, hence where the suit get its name.
The Mark 38 has blue and silver plates, with blue as the dominant color. The silver plates cover areas that highlight the armor's appearance, such as the face plate, the arm's and legs and the middle area of the armor's abdomen plating.
Having built to carry and lift heavy objects, the Mark 38 has an incredible amount of strength and power. Capable of lifting almost anything ten times its size (such as the oil rig), the armor has fives times the regular strength of a simple Iron Man armor. With this ability, the Mark 38 is the strongest of all armors.
A feature that helps the armor carry heavy and massive objects is it's Spine Lifter, in which it supports whatever object it carries and applies the same amount of pressure to counteract the pressure pressing down on the Mark 38.
The Mark 38 has a powerful, pressurized support lifter located in the armor's spine area. Most commonly referred to as the Spine Lifter, this feature allows the Mark 38 to carry heavy and massive objects, such that it could be ten times the armor's size, and could support the weight easily without breaking.
This feature is unique only with this suit, and is the armor's main function, as well as its most notable feature.
With its ability to carry weight, the Mark 38 has specialized arms that enable it to lift heavy objects and grant it's ability to do so. The Mark 38 has two pressure systems, with one pressure system on each arm. The Pressure Supporting feature is bulky and makes up one of the most notable features of the Mark 38.
The Mark 38 has standard heavy duty repulsors, used to help lift up the suit from it's very heavy weight. It is not used for combat, and is only used when the suit flies.
The Mark 38 has a horizontal rectangular Unibeam, that can project a good amount of power strong enough to destroy and clear debris in its path.
Before Iron Man 3Edit
This section is under development. Information will be placed here soon.
The Mark 38 was activated by J.A.R.V.I.S. in the basement of Tony's Malibu Mansion, under the order of the House Party Protocol issued by Tony. It then flew out of the Hall of Armors and went towards the Roxxon Oil Rig together with the other 35 armors.
Later it was used to lift a oil rig after Tony called JARVIS to do so.
The Mark 38 is a playable suit in the Iron Man 3 - The Official Game, and can be unlocked by unlocking all other armors first. It is one of the Special Offer Armors, and is not limited.
- Score Multiplier: x8.0
- Special Power: Proton Shield
- Game Description:
- Armor Description:
- The Mark 38 is the thirty-eighth suit built by Tony Stark, and is the thirty-second suit as part of the Iron Legion.
- The Mark 38 is currently the biggest armor existing that was created by Tony Stark.
- The armor's appearance and shape takes on the look of an Igor, including the helmet.
- The Mark 38 was one of the six un-lockable armors available, as part of the "Iron Man 3 Unlock The Armors" promotional event for the film. It was released together with the Mark 17, Mark 33, Mark 35, Mark 39 and Mark 40.
- The Mark 38 bears an uncanny resemblance to a suit of Terminator Armour from the Warhammer 40,000 Franchise.
- Currently, the Mark 38's status is unclear.
- If the Mark 38 blew up as part of the Clean Slate Protocol, the oil rig would have collapsed as it held it up for the entirety of the battle. But the rig did not collapse at all in the movie.
- There are no References to display.
- The Mark 38 on Wikipedia.
- The Mark 38 on the Marvel Comics Database.
- The Mark 38 on the Marvel Cinematics Universe Wiki.
- The Mark 38 on the Marvel Movies Wiki.
| Cinematic Armors|
|Iron Man||Mark I • Mark II • Mark III|
|Iron Man 2||Mark IV • Mark V • Mark VI|
|The Avengers||Mark VII|
|Iron Man 3||Mark VIII • Mark IX • Mark X • Mark XI • Mark XII • Mark XIII• Mark XIV • Mark 15 • Mark 16 • Mark 17 • Mark 18 • Mark 19 • Mark 20 • Mark 21 • Mark 22 • Mark 23 • Mark 24 • Mark 25 • Mark 26 • Mark 27 • Mark 28 • Mark 29 • Mark 30 • Mark 31 • Mark 32 • Mark 33 • Mark 34 • Mark 35 • Mark 36 • Mark 37 • Mark 38 • Mark 39 • Mark 40 • Mark 41 • Mark 42|