1st Appearance: Iron Man 3
Designer / Creator: Tony Stark
Users: Tony Stark
Mark Number: Mark 39
Code Name: Gemini, Starboost
Armor Class: Special Iron Man Suit
Armor Type: Sub-Orbital Suit
Armor Color: White With Gold & Grey Plates
Height: User's Height
Power Core: Vibranium Arc Reactor Mark II
Enhanced Composite Armor With Ceramic Plating & Silicon-Infused Steel
Special Systems: --
Other Features: --
Preceded by: Mark 38
Followed by: Mark 40
- Tony Stark: "You're right, we do need back up."
- Rhodey: "Yeah, a bunch."
- ―Tony and Rhodey talking about the "House Party Protocol" suits, while waiting for them to show up.
It was featured in the movie Iron Man 3, and makes it's debut in the movie when Tony ordered J.A.R.V.I.S. to initiate the "House Party Protocol" in which it was activated along with all the other suits to aid him in his fight against Aldrich Killian.
The suit earned it's name the "Starboost", for having the ability to travel into sub-orbital ranges and for venturing into space, as it is derived from it's name. It was built with an armor that could stand the cold temperature and radiation in space and was built in with an oxygen tank to allow Tony to be able to breathe while he was in space.
Tony's motive for creating this suit can be seen at the end of The Avengers. As Tony goes through the portal with the atomic bomb that would otherwise destroy Manhattan, which the goal was to destroy The Chitauri, his suit powers off, which then Stark falls through the portal and is saved by The Hulk.
The Mark 39 has a white, black and silver color scheme designed to suit space travel. The suit is made of a special alloy that absorbs Tony's arc reactor signal. Attached to the back are removable secondary thrusters to get through the atmosphere.
It also has a unique Arc Reactor design, with three lines from each corner of the triangular reactor joining together in the middle. Additionally, the gold coloring of the face mask extends futher up the forehead than most armors, implying a larger field of vision equivalent to astronaut helmets.
The Mark 39 has the unique and special ability to fly at extremely hi altitudes, and even reach into space. The armor is advanced enough to go out into the sub-orbit of Earth and the very vacuum of space itself.
This section is under development. Information will be placed here soon.
The Mark 39 has standard Repulsor technology.
The Mark 39 has a trapezoid shaped Unibeam, powered by the new and improved Vibranium Arc Reactor Mark II.
Large Concussive CannonEdit
Based from the description in Iron Man 3 - The Official Game, the Mark 39 is equipped with a Large Concussive Cannon. But it is unknown where this cannon is located.
Before Iron Man 3Edit
The Mark 39 was activated by JARVIS along with all the other armors in the basement of Tony's Malibu Mansion, after Tony gave the order of the House Party Protocol. It then flew towards the the Roxxon Oil Rig, together with all the other 35 armors.
When the Iron Legion arrived, the Mark 39 was one of the first seven armors to appear on the scene, together with the Mark 17, Mark 35, Mark 15, Mark 33, Mark 40 and Mark 28. It surrounded the rig, along with all the other armors and waited for Tony's orders through JARVIS. As Tony finished up, he told JARVIS to "Target Extremis heat signatures. Disable with extreme prejudice." The Mark 39 then started targeting and attacking the Extremis Soldiers after. It fought off the soldiers during the battle with the help of the other armors.
During the middle of the battle, when Tony was ordering JARVIS to give him an armor to use, the Mark 39 could be seen flying to a crate and deflecting a metal pole that was thrown at it. Right after, the Mark 22 was destroyed by another metal pole that was thrown at it, just as Tony was about to jump into the armor.
The Mark 39 then continued battling the Extremis Soldiers in the rig along with the help of the other armors. It is unknown what happened to it, as it may have been destroyed in battle or blown up by Tony's order of the Clean Slate Protocol as his devotion to his girlfriend Pepper Potts.
In Iron Man 3 - The Official Game, the Mark 39 appears as a playable armor with the multiplier of x5.5. In the game it's description says that it contains a Large Concussive Cannon. It is the second to the last armor in the Unibeam Blast section.
- Score Multiplier: x5.5
- Special Power: Unibeam Blast
- Game Description:
A reinforced sub-orbital suit with upgraded Thrusters which power it to impressive speeds at very high altitudes. This suit is equipped with a powerful Concussive Cannon.
- Armor Description:
- Aside from it's name as the "Gemini", the Mark 39 also has another name called the "Starboost".
- In Iron Man 3 - The Official Game, the description states that this suit is equipped with a Large Concussive Cannon.
- The Mark 39 was one of the many suits that could be seen in the Iron Man 3 movie theatrical poster, along with the Marks 16, 17, 24, 33, and 41, with the Mark 42 being worn by Tony.
- The Mark 39 was one of the six un-lockable armors available, as part of the "Iron Man 3 Unlock The Armors" promotional event for the film. It was released together with the Mark 17, Mark 33, Mark 35, Mark 38 and Mark 40 armors.
- This armor also appeared in the confrontation with the Extremis Soldiers, it is briefly seen hovering at the left, when the Iron Legion arrives.
- The Mark 39 is the first and only armor to feature a white color plating in it's armor design, along with some black and golden plates.
- Despite the Mark 39's high profile, it had only little screen-time in Iron Man 3.
- This armor is also remarkably similar to the EVA Armor from the Halo game series.
External Links & ReferencesEdit
| Cinematic Armors|
|Iron Man||Mark I • Mark II • Mark III|
|Iron Man 2||Mark IV • Mark V • Mark VI|
|The Avengers||Mark VII|
|Iron Man 3||Mark VIII • Mark IX • Mark X • Mark XI • Mark XII • Mark XIII• Mark XIV • Mark 15 • Mark 16 • Mark 17 • Mark 18 • Mark 19 • Mark 20 • Mark 21 • Mark 22 • Mark 23 • Mark 24 • Mark 25 • Mark 26 • Mark 27 • Mark 28 • Mark 29 • Mark 30 • Mark 31 • Mark 32 • Mark 33 • Mark 34 • Mark 35 • Mark 36 • Mark 37 • Mark 38 • Mark 39 • Mark 40 • Mark 41 • Mark 42|