Designer/Creator: Tony Stark
Users: Tony Stark
Mark Number: Mark 40
Code Name: Shotgun
Armor Class: Special Iron Man Suit
Armor Type: Hyper-Velocity Traveling Suit
Armor Color: Metallic Silver
Height: User's Height
Power Core: Vibranium Arc Reactor Mark II
Main Systems: Status System, Flight System, J.A.R.V.I.S. Navigation System, Anti-icing System, Flight Stabilization System, Backpack Jet
Defense Systems: Enhanced Composite Armor With Ceramic Plating & Silicon-Infused Steel, Fiberglass Frame, Titanium Plating
Special Systems: Hyper-Velocity Traveling System
Other Systems: --
Preceded by: Mark 39
Followed by: Mark 41
- Tony Stark: "You're right, we do need back up."
- Rhodey: "Yeah, a bunch."
- ―Tony and Rhodey talking about the "House Party Protocol" suits, while waiting for them to show up.
It was featured in the movie Iron Man 3, and made it's debut in the movie when Tony gave J.A.R.V.I.S. the order to initiate the "House Party Protocol", in which it was activated along with all the other suits to aid Tony in his battle against Aldrich Killian.
The suit earned it's name the "Shotgun", because it was built for hyper velocity traveling, and specializes in very high speeds. It is currently known as the fastest suit of all, with a speed of over the excess of Mach 5.
It has a silver color scheme, as opposed to the regular red and gold. The helmet seems to have a flat beak-like mouthpiece. This was most likely created for the purpose of fast bursts of speed, due to the streamlined structure of the mask, in contrast to the sharper, angular mask over the original faceplates. On the back lies a jet with a triangular gap.
Due to its stream-lined shape and jet propulsion as opposed to other models, the Mark 40 can obtain speeds beyond Mach 5 for short periods of time.
The Mark 40 has standard based repulsors, modified with improved power and prepulsion speed to match it's streamlined armor design and extremely fast speed.
The Mark 40 has a vertical rectangular Unibeam, and is powered by the new and improved Vibranium Arc Reactor Mark II.
Before Iron Man 3Edit
In Iron Man 3, the Mark 40 armor was destroyed by Killian when Tony ejected himself from the Mark 16, to save himself. He was about to fall when the Mark 40 came and saved him. It later got destroyed by Killian when he cut it's leg and then the whole armor into half. Tony ejected himself from the suit just in time.
- Score Multiplier: x3.7
- Special Power: Frost Charge
- Game Description:
- It is unknown why the Mark 40 is called the "Shotgun", but it may stem from the explosive speed of the suit, like a real shotgun itself.
- It's name may also be derived from it's resemblance to an "IronNinja", as it was named as a parody of a Shogun, a Japanese warrior.
- The Mark 40 is currently known as the fastest suit in existence. Having a speed of over the excess of Mach 5.
- The Mark 40 is the second, as well as the last suit to use the streamlined body armor and face mask covered designs in it's appearance. The first being the Mark 23.
- The Mark 40 was one of the six un-lockable armors available, as part of the "Iron Man 3 Unlock The Armors" promotional event for the film. It was released together with the Mark 17, Mark 33, Mark 35, Mark 38 and Mark 39 armors.
External Links & ReferencesEdit
| Cinematic Armors|
|Iron Man||Mark I • Mark II • Mark III|
|Iron Man 2||Mark IV • Mark V • Mark VI|
|The Avengers||Mark VII|
|Iron Man 3||Mark VIII • Mark IX • Mark X • Mark XI • Mark XII • Mark XIII• Mark XIV • Mark 15 • Mark 16 • Mark 17 • Mark 18 • Mark 19 • Mark 20 • Mark 21 • Mark 22 • Mark 23 • Mark 24 • Mark 25 • Mark 26 • Mark 27 • Mark 28 • Mark 29 • Mark 30 • Mark 31 • Mark 32 • Mark 33 • Mark 34 • Mark 35 • Mark 36 • Mark 37 • Mark 38 • Mark 39 • Mark 40 • Mark 41 • Mark 42|