Based On: Original Grey Armor
Designer / Creator:
Mark Number: Mark I
Code Name: None
Armor Class: Basic Iron Man Suit
Steel Silver (None)
Armor Height: 6 ft
Mini-Arc Reactor Mark I
Augmented User Strength
Predecessor: None (First Version)
Successor: Mark II*
Preceded By: None
Followed By: Mark II
- "This is our ticket outta here!"
- ―(Iron Man) Tony Stark to Ho Yinsen about the Mark I.
The Mark I (Mark 1), was the first Iron Man suit built and created by Tony Stark. It was built in the initial events of the live-action film, Iron Man. The suit was later used as a model for Obadiah Stane's Iron Monger.
It was featured in the movie Iron Man, and first appeared when Tony and Ho Yinsen were held captive by the terrorist group known as the Ten Rings. While they were held captive, Tony and Yinsen devised a plan. In the cave, they created blueprints for the Mark I.
The suit has several notable functionalities and weapons. It is equipped with a Manually Deployed Rocket Launcher, a Flamethrower mounted on each arm, Jet Boots equipped in its soles, an exposed Internal System attached to its back, and the very first Miniature Arc Reactor. The reactor powers the entire suit. Later, Tony created an upgraded version that would power almost every other suit to date.
The Mark I has a very crude appearance. This is due to the fact that Tony had limited resources when constructing the armor. It was actually built from Jericho missile parts. Tony didn't have the resources or money to build highly advanced suits. The suit had a pointed chest plate and curved helmet. It is composed of an iron-copper-magnesium alloy, giving it decent resistance against small arms fire.
The Mark I only has a few special features.
- Jet Boots:
The suit features Jet Boots with limited flight capabilities as the armor has no aerodynamic control. The jets are fueled by solid-state rocket fuel salvaged from the scrap missiles propulsion systems, which run out shortly after Stark escapes the explosion.
The Mark I has no special or notable systems, aside from the basic programming, internal systems and power the armor needed for movement and use of weapons.
The armor's pieces are composed of a crude metal alloy. A leather suit is worn under the heavy armor by Tony.
- Augmented User-Strength: Through the armor, the wearer has increased strength and is capable of throwing powerful punches or kicks at enemies.
- Increased Protection: When worn, the user is fully protected in vital areas against dangerous threats such as gunfire and minor explosions.
- Rocket: The armor is equipped with a powerful rocket, which is attached to the arm piece of the armor. Because of the armor's lack of power, the rocket malfunctioned, which resulted in Tony deploying it manually.
- Flamethrower: The armor has flamethrowers mounted on the right arm. The device is fueled by small gas tanks behind it. When the gas is ignited by a flame through manual control, it creates a very destructive flame-thrower.
In a life changing moment, Tony Stark is attacked and captured by terrorists, named The Ten Rings. While being held captive, Tony was forced to build a Jericho missile for them.
With the help of Ho Yinsen, Tony instead builds the Mark I suit. With time running out, Yinsen sacrifices himself to allow Tony time to bring the suit online. Once it is, Tony fights his way out, killing many members of the Ten Rings and destroying their weapons stockpile. As the stockpile explodes, Tony flies off in the Mark I but it crashes in the desert and is destroyed. A few weeks later, he builds the Mark II Armor. The suit has better weapons systems and propulsion. It has no computer systems inside.
The Mark I is highly resistant to damage, easily shrugging off small arms fire. It can even withstand a missile strike. The suit is later reduced to pieces after Stark ends up crashing to the ground. The suit has no control over its flight. After Stark's escape, the Ten Rings recover the pieces and reassemble the suit.
The Ten Rings give the Mark I to Obadiah Stane. Later Stane upgrades the armor to combat Tony's Mark III. Obadiah calls the upgraded the Iron Monger. The Iron Monger was defeated, and Obadiah was killed.
The armor appears in the beginning and throughout this game in the Hall of Armors next to the Marks II, III, IV, V, and VI.
- The Mark I is the first Iron Man Armor to be created by Tony Stark.
- This is the first and only armor to be equipped and armed with a Flamethrower.
- The Mark I is one of the heaviest armors in existence.
- The Mark I was never featured in Iron Man 3 - The Official Game.
- There are no References to display.
| Cinematic Armors|
|Iron Man Armors|| MARK'S 1 - 7:|
Mark I • Mark II • Mark III • Mark IV • Mark V • Mark VI • Mark VII
| IRON LEGION:|
Mark VIII • Mark IX • Mark X • Mark XI • Mark XII • Mark XIII • Mark XIV • Mark 15 • Mark 16 • Mark 17 •
Mark 18 • Mark 19 • Mark 20 • Mark 21 • Mark 22 • Mark 23 • Mark 24 • Mark 25 • Mark 26 • Mark 27 • Mark 28 •
Mark 29 • Mark 30 • Mark 31 • Mark 32 • Mark 33 • Mark 34 • Mark 35 • Mark 36 • Mark 37 • Mark 38 • Mark 39 •
Mark 40 • Mark 41 • Mark 42
| MARK'S 43 - 45:|
Mark 43 • Mark 44 • Mark 45
|War Machine Armors||War Machine Armor Mark I • War Machine Armor Mark II • Iron Patriot Armor|
|Other Armors||Iron Monger Armor • Whiplash Armor Mark I • Whiplash Armor Mark II • Iron Legion Armor Drones|