Based On: None
Designer / Creator:
Mark Number: Mark II
Code Name: None
Armor Class: Basic Iron Man Suit
Prototype Flight Armor
Steel Silver (None)
Armor Height: 6 ft
Palladium Arc Reactor Mark II
Chromium Titanium and Steel Plating
Predecessor: Mark I
Successor: Mark III*
Preceded By: Mark I
Followed By: Mark III
It was constructed as a prototype with an emphasis on exploring flight potential. As the first suit of Iron Man Armor built at Stark Industries, the Mark II armor features various new technology and weapons. It was soon replaced by the Mark III armor after it's initial flight testing revealed it's inability to reach the higher atmosphere due to the build up of ice.
The Mark II features a basic metallic silver color scheme overall.
- Flaps: The Mark II has steel flaps which are used for breaking air speed when flying or traveling in the air.
- Stabilizers: The Mark II has ailerons and flaps built into the legs and shoulders to increase flight stability. These features later become more concealed within the armor in later versions of the suit.
The Mark II features a variety of new systems.
- JARVIS OS: JARVIS is integrated into the armor, allowing him to control the suit's systems, manage the rest of the armor's functionalities, and assist Tony when using the armor.
The armor is composed of a light and strong chromium titanium and steel alloy that is completely resistant to gunfire and can even endure crashes and powerful attacks from destructive weapons.
- Super-Strength: As a perfected version of the Iron Man Armor, the Mark II enables it's user to have superhuman strength. Through the armor, the user is capable of lifting very heavy objects, as well as super enhancing the user's combat abilities.
- Flight: Although this feature has become a regular ability for all succeeding armors, the Mark II is the first to be able to achieve sustained flight. Using both the Repulsors on it's hand and boots, the armor can attain flight and fly at high speeds. The Repulsors are a key part to the armor's flight as it is the factor that stabilizes the armor during flight or when hovering.
The Mark II features a new arsenal with different types of weapons.
- Repulsors: The Mark II has standard repulsors, which were used mainly for flight power and stability. Despite this, as shown when Rhodey stole it, they could be used for battle.
- Unibeam: The Mark II has a standard Unibeam, and has a whitish blue glow coming from the Unibeam's power source. The Mark II is powered by the Palladium Arc Reactor Mark II.
The Mark II armor was first constructed by Tony Stark after escaping the Ten Rings. suit was much more streamlined than the Mark I, with more focus on flight. The suit was taken on its first flight, where it was discovered it had a problem with freezing at high altitudes. This issue was solved with a refined titanium-gold alloy used in the mark 3 armor and above.
Tony becomes drunk at, what Tony believes to be, his last birthday party while in the Iron Man armor. Tired with Stark's child-like behavior, James Rhodes steals the Mark II and battles Tony's Mark IV armor, demolishing several rooms in his house. Rhodes then delivers it to the US Air Force, who customizes and weaponizes it, transforming it into the War Machine Armor.
The Mark II can be seen in the original Hall of Armors in Tony's garage, along with the Mark's I, III, IV, V, VI, and VII. It is later destroyed after the Mandarin's forces destroy Tony's Malibu house by demolishing it with missiles.
Iron Man (video game)Edit
Tony constructed the Mark II upon his return to America. During his initial flight and combat training, the Maggia Crime Syndicate attacked Stark Industries, angry at the shut-down of the Weapons Development Division.Using the Mark II, Stark fought them off, until they hijacked a prototype Stark Gunship, which Tony shot down. The Mark II can be unlocked later, and is the fastest suit in the game.
The Mark II makes an appearance in the interactive comic app when Tony creates it and gives it a test flight, which was based on the same scene found in the first Iron Man film.
Pre-released with the game.
Score Multiplier: x2.0
Special Weapon: Frost Charge
Armor Class: Frost Charge
Build Time: 22 mins, 59 seconds
Required XP: 3,000 XP
The second generation of Iron Man armor, this suit is extremely quick and comes equpped with repulsor blasters.
The Mark II is a playable and unlockable armor in the game. It's the 2nd weakest armor under the Frost Charge category, the first being S.D.C.A. This armor is also the 5th weakest armor in the game.
- There are no current notes available on this topic, as of the moment.
- The Mark II is the first and only armor to feature a pure and shiny steel silver color design on it's armor plating, since it has not been painted yet to any color.
- Following this, since the Mark II doesn't have color, it is the only armor to not have been painted, aside from having it's steel silver appearance from the original color of the metal plating used on it.
- The armor has an issue with freezing at high altitues. This was fixed with the new titanium-gold alloy used in the Mark III armor.
- This armor was temporarily the War Machine Mark I Armor from Iron Man 2 to pre-Iron Man 3.
- This armor's composition is made out of 3 of the 4 strongest natural metals on Earth, which are chromium, titanium, and steel.
- There are no References to dsiplay.
| Cinematic Armors|
|Iron Man Armors|| MARK'S 1 - 7:|
Mark I • Mark II • Mark III • Mark IV • Mark V • Mark VI • Mark VII
| IRON LEGION:|
Mark VIII • Mark IX • Mark X • Mark XI • Mark XII • Mark XIII • Mark XIV • Mark 15 • Mark 16 • Mark 17 •
Mark 18 • Mark 19 • Mark 20 • Mark 21 • Mark 22 • Mark 23 • Mark 24 • Mark 25 • Mark 26 • Mark 27 • Mark 28 •
Mark 29 • Mark 30 • Mark 31 • Mark 32 • Mark 33 • Mark 34 • Mark 35 • Mark 36 • Mark 37 • Mark 38 • Mark 39 •
Mark 40 • Mark 41 • Mark 42
| MARK'S 43 - 45:|
Mark 43 • Mark 44 • Mark 45
|War Machine Armors||War Machine Armor Mark I • War Machine Armor Mark II • Iron Patriot Armor|
|Other Armors||Iron Monger Armor • Whiplash Armor Mark I • Whiplash Armor Mark II • Iron Legion Armor Drones|