|War Machine Armor|
Creator / Designer: Tony Stark
Model Number: Model 12 (JRXL-1000)
Mark Number: None
Armor Color: Black and Silver
In-Built Computer System, Targeting System
Repulsors, Unibeam, Cannon, Missiles
Preceded By: Space Armor Mark II
Followed By: NTU-150 Armor
The War Machine Armor, also known as the War Machine Armor (JRXL-1000), is a Variable Threat Response Battle Suit, and was the original armor built by Tony Stark to be used to battle the Masters of Silence. It was given to James Rhodes for him to use, and this was the birth of his super-hero identity known as the War Machine.
While he was not the initial wearer of the War Machine armor, it would become better known as James Rhodes' battlesuit. It is a powered exoskeleton very similar to the Mark II suit seen in the film. It is made of a titanium alloy. It has super-strength, supersonic flight, energy repulsors, and an array of weapons. It has a large chain gun mounted on the right shoulder.
Additional weapons included pulse bolt generators, retractable shoulder minigun, variable-configured double-barrel cannons on each gauntlet, gauntlet mounted flamethrower, plasma blade on the left gauntlet, missile box launcher, micro-rocket launcher, particle beam discharger, and an electromagnetic pulse generator in the unibeam projector that could shut down any electronic device in a 50 mile radius.
The battlesuit also includes a photon emitter that created a force shield, forcefield-based stealth technology, boot-jet propulsion, and a self-contained breathing system.It is known that the Army didn't know who was War Machine
- Iron Manual Name: Mod XI Mark I/II
- Iron Man: The Legend Name: War Machine Armor
- All-New Iron Manual Name: Model 11
- First Appearance: Iron Man #282
- Replaced (for Tony Stark) In: Iron Man #290
- The War Machine Mark I armor, worn by Tony Stark, lacked the distinctive chest unibeam.
- The Mark II, a gift from Stark to James Rhodes, included the unibeam, and had other minor differences.
- The second version of the armor, reconfigured by Stark, contained upgraded improvements such as heat seeking missile launchers, pulse cannon, and retractable weapon pods located on its back. Rhodes utilized different types of specialty ammunition as well as non-lethal weapons such as rubber bullets. Though Rhodes lost the original armor, he still possessed a functional prototype helmet and gauntlet.
- Rhodes once had the War Machine armor painted with a prismapolymer refractive coating, to fight the Living Laser.
This section is under development. Information will be placed here soon.
- There are no current notes available on this topic, as of the moment.
- There are no current trivia available on this topic, as of the moment.
- There are no References to display.
- There are no External Links to display.